Wednesday, April 17, 2013

It's a GIRL baby album -

This album was just mailed to a life long friend - her daughter just had a baby girl! This is my friend's 1st grandbaby :)  I used a line of paper from Melissa Francis - not sure of the name since it came in a grabbag purchase. The ribbons are all Melissa Francis with the expection of the dark pink on the front cover tag (it is from my thrift store stash) The flowers and butterflies are from Melissa Francis & Recollections and (it is hard to see in the picture) I used gesso on the tag on the front cover and then ink it (and all the pages and tags) with Tim Holtz's Distress Stain - Spun Sugar. And I used Donna S's Glitter Dust on the diecuts (Spellbinders).  The chain closure is a clearance item from the beading section at Michael's and the alpha & heart charms are from the beading dept at Hobby Lobby. The pink & white baby carriage charm I ordered off of Ebay (it was just too cute to pass up and matched the album perfectly!!)  The charms on the spine are from Hobby Lobby as well. I used Kathi Orta's Build A Page tutorial to create the album foundation pages as well as the "hidden spine" - love that whole concept!! There are 12 pages (as I made 2 of each of the 6 BAP pages) so the album is really thick (If I remember correctly the spine is 2.5 inches wide) but there is so much "real estate" in the album that some of the pages have space for 5 pictures. I had so much fun making this since I have 3 boys and could never use pink on my stuff!!




 
 
 


 

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I somehow found you on Pinterest and just looking at your scrapbooking on your blog, it's very pretty! I love the books! You do lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks Kim that is very kind of you to say! (And a huge compliment after I checked out your blog - Wow love your stuff!) I love to make albums from scratch - it is addicting. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Loved your album....FABULOUS!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Loved your album....FABULOUS!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! As you can tell I am not the bloggin' type lol! I am so busy I haven't posted in like 2 years but I am glad you left a comment <3

      Delete